Following Reflexology Treatment, everyone heals in their own way and at their own pace. Even though Reflexology is a gentle therapy it has very powerful physical and emotional effects. Watch out for any change in your body following the treatment.
Reflexology Treatment encourages the body to cleanse itself of unwanted toxins and blockages in energy and by removing these helps your body to self-heal. Slight changes are normal and are very welcomed as it is your body self-healing. These are signs the immune system is strengthening. The symptoms should pass after 12 - 24 hours. If you have a chronic illness the reaction may not take place until your 2nd Reflexology Treatment. Try to listen to your body.
These symptoms may include:
- Excessive Energy
- More Frequent need to go to the toilet
- Feeling slightly drowsy
- Excessive Thirst or Hunger
- Reduced appetite
- Change in sleep pattern.
- Vivid Dreams
- Sight aches in legs or hips
- Sensitive feet
- Slightly emotional
- Change in bowel movements
- Vivid Dreams
- Excessive Thirst
It is advised that you also following the aftercare plan following your Reflexology Treatment.
- Rest and Relax. Practice deep breathing and relaxation techniques. Breathe in for 4 through your nose and hold for 7 and breathe out through your mouth for 8.
- Drinks lots of water, 1 – 2 litres per day minimum/. This helps to flush out toxins from your body.
- Avoid Alcohol and smoking for 24 hours following the Reflexology treatment
- Eat smaller meals for 24 hours following the Reflexology treatment.
- Go for a 20 minute walk
- Following your Reflexology treatment your therapist would have shown you some points to work on your hands that would prolong the effects of your treatment and help you get maximum benefits from your Reflexology treatment.